Monday, January 5, 2009

About Me

Hi, I'm Amy Bateman. I'm the Alumni Ambassador for the Nebraska Omaha Stake. I attended Ricks College from Fall '93 to Summer '95 before transferring to the University of Idaho to get my BS in Elementary Education. That's where I met my husband (I tell him he went to the wrong school since he was at CSI in Twin Falls before transferring). As you can see, we have 5 children - Annelyn, 11; Jessica, 10; Alex, 8; Lyndsey, 6; and Melissa, 2.

We are recent transplants to the Midwest as we've been in Omaha for almost 2 years and lived in Boise, Idaho, before that. We've quickly grown to love it here. I grew up in Rigby, Idaho, so I always said I wouldn't go to Ricks since it was too close to home, but I ended up there anyway and loved it. I'm a strong encourager for others to experience the "Spirit of Ricks" and I hope some of my children will follow in my footsteps. I'm anxious to go back to Idaho this next summer and hope to take a day to spend some time in Rexburg and exploring campus.

Our family blog can be found at: mabatemanfamily.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment